About the Company
This is an exciting role at a growing real estate company. They are looking for a Manager of Accounting to join their team. This Company is well-positioned for success and is a great opportunity to grow professionally providing you with great mentors and managers. They have a very good working environment that is friendly and easy going and fosters personal development.
Why Work Here
- Fantastic company culture
- Very tech-related company who are on the leading front of innovation - they also have an IT arm that develops proprietary software for the organization
About the Opportunity
- Lead a team that will develop and deliver financial accounting and tax reporting for the operating portfolio
- Monthly review of new property acquisitions and complex properties financial statements
- Enable property acquisition, refinancing, and disposition transactions including review of system setup, preliminary financials, prorations, gain on sale calculations, and entity wind-up
- Final review and release of monthly and quarterly investor reporting packages to equity partners
- Review draft audit financial statements and provide guidance in resolving complex issues
- Lead the year-end process, work with our external tax advisors, internal teams, and equity partners to manage tax filing deadlines
- Lead, challenge and coach a highly engaged team of 5 direct reports and 2 indirect report
- 5 to 7 years working experience
- Strong people leadership experience
- Strong Excel skills
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28364.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.