About the Company
This is an exciting role at a publicly traded real estate company. Our client provides excellent work-life balance, a competitive compensation plan and benefits, with plenty of opportunity for professional development. This company is well-positioned for success and is a great opportunity to grow professionally providing you with great mentors and managers. They have a very good working environment that is friendly and easy going.
About the Opportunity
- Lead a team that will develop and deliver financial accounting and tax reporting for the operating portfolio
- Monthly review of new property acquisitions and complex properties financial statements
- Enable property acquisition, refinancing, and disposition transactions including review of system setup, preliminary financials, prorations, gain on sale calculations, and entity wind-up
- Final review and release of monthly and quarterly investor reporting packages to equity partners
- Review draft audit financial statements and provide guidance in resolving complex issues
- Lead the year-end process, work with our external tax advisors, internal teams, and equity partners to manage tax filing deadlines
- Review all complex partnership tax returns including sold properties and taxable gain on sales
- Coordinate with our external tax advisors to ensure that all partnership returns are filed and payments are processed
- Oversight of the Canadian tax reporting process and impact to our investors
- Lead, challenge and coach a highly engaged team of 5 direct reports and 2 indirect report
- 5 to 7 years working experience
- Strong understanding of property accounting, with real estate experience
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 27456.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.