About the Company
Our client is a leading mining company. They are currently looking for a Manager of Internal Audit to assist the Vice President, Risk Management to lead and manage all aspects of audit engagements, perform and oversee special projects.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Work for an excellent boss, who was promoted internally and who is a great mentor
- Lots of room for growth within the business
About the Opportunity
- Manage simple and moderately complex* internal audits while assisting with other internal audit activities as a member of the collateral risk management team.(*As defined in the company's Internal Audit standards and guidelines)
- Carry out the testing ICFR and DC&P as allocated to you that meet the requirements of external auditors and enable compliance with management certification requirements for a portion of the Sox program
- Support other activities as assigned to meet the objectives and goals of the overall risk management group so that risks to the business are identified and effectively documented and communicated, which allows the company to maintain its overall competitive advantage and achieve its vision, while maintaining the company values.
- Balances the development of positive relationships with the business while maintaining objectivity and independence so that the company's reputation and financial integrity is sustained through the various business cycles
- CPA, or CA
- 6 -8 years of audit experience with increasing responsibility
- Exposure to dealing with public companies in mining or related industries
Up to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #282337.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role