ARE YOU A DESIGNATED PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for a strong Manager of Financial Reporting Policy to join their team.
Manager of Accounting Policy
About the Company
Our Client is a leading pension company located in the downtown area. The Manager, Financial Reporting Policy will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, regulatory and tax research and policy development. They will have the opportunity to support the department’s ability to proactively influence reporting standards within their industry.
About the Opportunity
- Identify and research new accounting trends, as well as changing accounting and financial reporting standards and regulatory guidelines
- Perform detailed analysis to determine and assess the impact of new, emerging and changing accounting and financial reporting standards and regulatory guidelines
- Review annual financial statements and MD&A to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards from a policy perspective
- Support the annual external audit
- Disseminate research findings and analysis as required to other Finance departments on an efficient and timely basis
- Collaborate with Finance and IT resources to develop, facilitate and execute innovative ideas to improve automation and reporting
- Ensure that policies are in compliance with applicable accounting and financial reporting standards and regulatory guidelines
- Designated CPA, CA from the Big 4, or a large or mid-sized public accounting firm
- Minimum 5+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of financial services and pension industry
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards, regulatory guidelines
- Broad understanding of tax legislation, as it applies to the pension industry
- Strong knowledge of pension and financial services industries
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18358.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit