About the Company
Our client is a leading competitor in the utilities industry. They are currently looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting and Consolidations, to oversee a variety of accounting and consolidation activities of the firm.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- The company has grown significantly due to acquisition over the last few years, outlook is very strong for their business.
- Work with an excellent boss who will be a great mentor
- Great supportive culture at the company
- Lots of potential for career growth
About the Opportunity
- Prepare external reporting to the public, financial institutions and other stakeholders, including review of financials and notes to the financial statements, MD&A and updating Workiva.
- Preparation of the Quarterly and annual APUC financial statements and notes to the financials
- Review and consolidate the cash flow statements prepared by divisional teams for quarterly statements
- Quarterly and annual standalone legal entities financial statements for financial institutions and regulators
- Coordinating with the Treasury team on reviewing and updating financial metrics and CAPEX disclosures for the MD&A.
- Prepare monthly consolidated statements and analysis for internal stakeholders
- Manage the external audit process by liaising with auditors, as required, throughout the year to ensure timely completion of the financial and SOX audit.
- Responsible for maintaining strong internal controls and ensuring SOX compliance:
- Build relationships with the divisional and cross-functional finance teams.
- Manage chart of account mapping for new acquisitions and provide financial reporting guidance and training on relevant systems and processes.
- Lead ad hoc reporting requests
- Working with the Corporate Accounting team, ensure that transactions are recorded and reported in a timely and error-free manner.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data in HFM, including ICP mapping, overrides, equity roll, metadata and mapping changes
- Working with divisional teams, ensure that source systems to HFM account mapping is accurate and timely
- Ensure intercompany variances are resolved to acceptable thresholds
- Lead with continuous improvement efforts
- Review of regulatory reporting for APUC and liaising with the regulatory team to address data requests.
- CPA Designation
- HFM consolidations experience
- US GAAP experience (is a very strong asset)
- Industry experience or in a similar/related sector
- Very experienced SFA level or in a Manager level already
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29537.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.