About the Company
Our client is a leading mining company. They are currently looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting who will consolidate the financial results of the company’s business units and to ensure that the company meets its obligations for the timely and accurate preparation of external financial reports while complying with regulatory requirements and meets the needs of investors, analysts and other stakeholders.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Excellent mentors and people to work with on a day to day basis
- Lots of room for growth within the business
About the Opportunity
- Accountable for accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and MD&A
- Manages the requests of external auditors and facilitates timely and positive conclusions to ongoing assurance engagements
- Provides a reporting package and manages timelines with various business units for quarterly reporting. Suggests changes to the reporting package when appropriate.
- Ensures reporting package received back from each business unit is reasonable and in line with expectations. Responsible for following up with each business unit on results that are inconsistent with expectations and resolving these differences on a timely basis to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Approves new accounts and entity creation within accounting system
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement BO Reports (our consolidation tool) used in the financial reporting process.
- Sets up quarterly conference calls with Business Units to discuss key accounting issues and the timeline/documentation requirements for their resolution
- Prepares quarterly financial statements and applicable notes under IFRS including audit support for all notes and financials
- Prepares adjusted net earnings and adjusted EBITDA and coordinates with sites and team to explain variances to various audiences (management, audit committee, external auditors, other departments).
- Provides input into the quarterly non-financial asset impairment memo
- Prepares quarterly significant accounting issues memo for audit committee
- Prepares certain consolidated reporting templates used in the preparation of the quarterly financial statements and MD&A.
- Through a keen interest in automation generate creative ideas around how the financial reporting function can use automation to create efficiencies
- 5 years of combined experience in a national accounting firm and in industry
- Experience with TSX listed public companies
- Related industry experience is an asset
- Experience with larger ERP systems
$115,000 to $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #319121.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role