ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER? Our client is looking for a hardworking individual to join their team.
Manager of Accounting Research
About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a large publicly held insurance company where you will always be challenged. There will be potential for career advancement throughout the organization. They are looking for a Manager of Accounting Research to oversee the changes required to systems and processes across Financial Operations as well as various IFRS standards.
Why Work Here
- Excellent work-life balance (opportunity to work from home)
- Supportive culture and great mentorship internally and from direct manager
- Opportunities to move up and around the organization
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the changes required to systems and processes across Financial Operations and ensure compliance with IFRS 17 changes and reporting
- Lead the IFRS 17 – Insurance Contracts conversion process by providing IFRS technical accounting expertise
- Monitor websites and press releases, etc, for the most recent updates to standards and guidelines on IFRS 17
- Oversee the completion of tasks required by the IFRS 17 implementation and project plan to ensure deadlines are met and IFRS 17 is applied correctly
- Update the implementation plan and project plan for new findings or changes to standards/expectations/policy decisions as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of external and regulatory reporting required under IFRS 17, IFRS/US GAAP reconciliations, and semi-annual OSFI IFRS progress reports
- Implement SOX controls
- Facilitate communication with US Head Office and regulatory bodies on project status
- CPA, CA
- 7+ years of accounting and financial services experience
- 5+ years with people management and coaching experience
- Previous IFRS implementation is great to have
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of corporate tax and compliance process an asset
$110,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23984.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.