About the Company
Our client is in the real estate business. They are looking for a Manager of Accounting who will be responsible for the accounting processes related to the company’s portfolio of Income Producing assets and Development projects.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Director of Finance who is willing to train and mentor this person and take this person under their wing!
- Good work life balance
- Opportunity for learning and growth in this role
- Centrally located near Subway
- Accountable for the progress of month end, recoveries, and budgets to ensure accounting team is delivering in a timely manner
- Collaborate and assist in developing quality control measures, including any tools that will be used to ensure a consistent product across accounting deliverables
- Organize and implement the communication of all new initiatives
- Directly responsible for the performance management of team members reporting to this position
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual activities of team members including:
- Review month end financials and cashflows of properties across the portfolio
Review balance sheet reconciliation and ensure cash flow needs are addressed
Quarterly and Annually
- Review and approve HST filings and manage any HST related issues.
Human Resources and Team Player
- Review investor reporting, operating results, and variance analysis on an individual property basis and/or consolidated limited partnership portfolio basis. Coordinate the completion of Quarterly reports in conjunction with the Operations and Asset Management
- Review Recovery and Year End files of commercial properties in portfolio
- Manage budget process annually in conjunction with Senior Accountants, Corporate, and Operations Lead
- Supervise audit and tax engagements
- Review audit/tax working papers
- Examine draft consolidated financial statements and supporting notes
- Ensure that tax returns are accurate and filed on time
- Track the progress of each audit engagement and ensure timely delivery of financial statements to investors
- Recruit, supervise, train and assist accounting staff as required
- Liaise with Property Managers, General Managers; provide assistance, training and feedback
- Test, document, and train on new modules in accounting system (Yardi)
- Accounting designation preferred (CMA / CGA / CA / CPA) ? Bachelor’s degree in an accounting related field of study
- Minimum 4 years management experience with proven ability to manage and lead team members.
$95,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #392686
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.