About the Company
Our client is a growing organization in the cannabis industry. They are looking for a Manager of Accounting who will oversee the monthly/quarterly close process and a team of three.
Why Work Here
- Fast-paced and entrepreneurial
- Growth oriented – Lots of opportunities for professional advancement!
- Company is looking to continue to grow and expand in the Cannabis market and looking to be a market leader for years to come
About the Opportunity
- Manage the monthly close process to ensure timely and efficient filing
- Lead the preparation and review of the quarter end and year end working papers
- Review and approve financial system change requests and play a key role in the new financial system implementation
- Supervise and mentor a team of General Accountants
- Adhere to and promote accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, provincial and local financial legal requirements
- Assist with or directly provide accounting memos in the preparation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures
- Recommend improvements for gathering, summarizing and reporting financial information
- Monitor the general ledger for accuracy and effectiveness
- Control owner of various ICFR and SOX processes around revenue, cash, and ERP system
- Identify, investigate, analyze and report on account variances
- Ensure general ledger balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- Ensure all general ledger adjustment journal entries are posted, and monthly working papers are prepared
- Provide support to the financial reporting function by ensuring all balance sheet accounts and variances analysis are properly documented
- Experience working in public accounting environment
- Exposure to IFRS
- Demonstrated leadership experience – performance management, commitment to team results
- Strong communication skills
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28696.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.