ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT ITIL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE? Our client is hiring a Manager of IT Support Services.
Manager, IT Support Services
This position is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service by supervising the Service Desk technical support team of 8-10 staff. The successful candidate will be engaging in more proactive planning, support, and organizing the Service Desk to be flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of the company.
We are looking for candidates coming from mature ITIL environments who have proven experience setting up and improving IT Support processes and best practices.
About the Opportunity
- Supervise the Service Desk support staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the Service Desk workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues
- Promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with users and business stakeholders, and managing overall users' satisfaction
- Ensure proper resolution of any system issues as established in the SLAs
- Identify repeated issues and partnering with IT teams, progressively improve service and platforms
- Maintain system support documentation to provide a more effective troubleshooting
- Ensure strong system controls and balances
- Ensure effective flow of communication among IT management, users, and providers, including proper escalation of system issues
- Institute operational best practices for all systems support
- Work with IT teams to continually refine & improve all connectivity applications
- Ensure proper follow-up and documentation in response to all incidents and changes reported
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years in progressive IT Support roles with proven experience managing support team(s) of 5+ staff
- Excellent understanding of ITIL principles (asset, incident, change, problem management)
- Experience implementing and improving IT Support Services processes and procedures, best practices
- Proven leadership and staff mentorship/coaching skills
- Strong understanding of ticketing and enterprise IT Service Management tools (e.g. ServiceNow, Heat, Remedy, etc.)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20126.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.