About the Company
Our client is a leading global asset management company. They are currently looking for a Manager, IT Controls & Compliance, to support the NI 52-109 Certification program for the company and to support key internal control design/identification to drives value to the business.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Fast-paced, growing company
- Work from home arrangement (for the time being)
About the Opportunity
- Support the quarterly and annual internal control evaluation requirements of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and Disclosure Controls & Procedures (DC&P) Programs for NI 52-109 Certification as required by the Ontario Securities Act (Bill 198) using the COSO 2013 and COBIT frameworks
- Manage the IT General Controls Program
- Support the preparation of the annual risk assessment, scoping (including IT applications) and plan
- Understand and review IT and business processes (including key systems) and the related control environment to assess risk and support ongoing risk monitoring
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of process documentation on behalf of process owners
- Partner with IT and business process owners including senior leadership to support key internal control design/identification that is effective and drives value to the business
- Propose appropriate internal control test strategies driving effectiveness and efficiencies
- Execute internal control testing and related documentation
- Support management in the development of remediation plans for control improvements particularly for complex areas that is practical and efficient
- Assist with project management of the NI 52-109 program (i.e. testing status, deficiency tracking, reporting to Audit Committee etc.)
- Lead or participate in other IT compliance projects
- Effectively work with team members as applicable for assignments, including third-party service provider professionals, and with accountability for their results
- Effectively manage relationships with management and staff and, external auditors
- CPA/CISA/CIA, with Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience with NI 52-109 is a must-have
- 5+ years of experience in internal controls/internal audit, and IT General Controls
- Experience in Manager level positions (either firm or industry)
- IT General Controls (ITGCs) experience
- Strong understanding of the Investments / Financial Services / Capital Markets is a strong asset
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29506.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.