About the Company
Our client is a publicly-listed corporation in the asset management industry. They are a diversified company looking for a Senior Manager to join their successful team. This firm is well-positioned for success and is a great opportunity to grow professionally.
Why Work Here
- Excellent culture in a low turnover environment
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Hours are very good - slightly more overtime during year end (Jan/Feb) and some at quarter end (but very reasonable.
- Great team culture - team does quarterly team events (like bowling, ping pong etc.)
About the Opportunity
- Review of fund agreements and other legal documents
- Financial reporting, including IFRS and US GAAP
- Support the trade operations and fund operations functions of the department
- Investor and management reporting
- Manage the treasury of the funds
- Manage the investment accounting of all funds, including the valuation of public equities and other derivatives
- Manage the fund budget process and quarterly expense accrual reviews
- Review and approve NAV, management fee and incentive fee calculations
- Support the external audit process
- Review all tax reporting (US and Canadian tax and distribution payments for all funds)
- Perform a reasonability on key financial items
- Assist with new fund launches
- Assist with the preparation of due diligence decks, regulatory reports and other ad hoc reports
- 5 years of related experience in a financial reporting role of an asset management, banking or capital markets entity
- Strong understanding and experience with Investment Accounting background
- Strong financial reporting / financial statement prep
- Understanding of NAV
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28888.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.