About the Company
Our client acquires and builds food businesses in partnership with talented entrepreneurial management teams. They are looking for a Manager, Internal Audit who will independently plan, execute, and oversee value added audits and special projects requested by the Company’s Senior Management, and provide advisory services to the Company / businesses. This position resides in Richmond, BC.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Company is growing, doing well and acquiring business (growing headcount)
- Opportunity to grow and progress (within Audit or general Finance) in company)
- Great company culture, strong benefit package
- Provide leadership and develop a high performing team by providing hands on guidance and direction, including but not limited to hiring, training and mentoring the auditors.
- Drive incremental improvement to the audit function.
- Evaluate operational processes and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization. Build support for and implement recommendations and business strategies, plans, and best practices.
- Mitigate business risks by providing advice and guidance as and when appropriate.
- Plan and perform financial and operational reviews of the Company’s businesses (in a collaborative and partnering manner) from start to finish, including planning, performing risk assessment, selecting samples, reviewing supporting documentation, conducting interviews with process owners and closing meetings with Senior Management of the businesses, and reporting results to the Company’s Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Develop and present recommendations for improvements in operational and financial systems and controls, both verbally and in writing. Develop and execute follow up mechanisms with accounting, operations and Senior Management of the businesses to ensure that recommendations are implemented as agreed upon.
- Report results of inadequate internal control and provide input into policy and procedure development.
- Document policies and procedures and identify and share best practices with the Company’s businesses as applicable.
- Perform physical inventory counts (on a sample check basis) for newly acquired businesses or during business reviews, perform inventory count reconciliation, compile and report count results.
- Perform risk assessment and financial statements audits of the opening balance sheets for newly acquired businesses; identify and propose adjustments and internal control recommendations, and provide support to the business as part of the onboarding process. Also, work with various departments (e.g. finance, tax, and acquisition team) to ensure deliveries are completed by the internal and financial reporting deadlines.
- Train and educate the businesses on internal controls, both during and after the completion of internal audits to ensure a sound internal control environment.
- Provide guidance to businesses on complex accounting topics (such as IFRS 16).
- Review adequacy of controls for IT management systems to ensure validity and security of information, as well as adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Develop the annual internal audit plan and compile the quarterly internal audit updates to the Audit Committee (including compliance with Nl 52-109 corporate governance regulations).
- Monitor and evaluate relevant updates provided by Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) and Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) and provide recommendations and guidance to enhance continuous disclosure of publicly filed documents.
- Support and assist the Company’s external auditors in the completion of the year-end audit.
- Perform special projects (e.g. incident reporting reviews, fraud investigations, operational projects) as requested by the Company’s Senior Management.
- Professional Audit designation (e.g.: CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CISM)
- CPA Designation
- 5-7+ years progressive experience in Audit, preferrably from a Big 4 Public Firm
- 1-2+ years Managerial experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383162
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.