About the Opportunity
- Assist in the continued development, implementation, and administration of audit programs as they relate to processes, policies, systems, operations, methods and procedures for effective management and control of multiple functions to reduce risk, liability, and cost and provide profitability for the business unit
- Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed
- Prepare formal written reports expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment and the efficiency with which activities are carried out
- Make oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action, and suggesting improvements in operations and reductions in cost
- On occasion, support Internal Controls (ICFR) and other controllership related activities including communication, documentation, process mapping, testing, remediation, etc.
- Perform or assist in the performance of special reviews at the request of management
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- CPA/CA Designation
- Four (4) year degree in business, accounting or other applicable field. Masters or MBA preferred
- Six (6) or more years of relevant audit work experience, preferably from inside the organization or within a risk management and/or Big 4 environment and/or the financial services industry
- Other applicable certifications (e.g. CIA, CISA etc.)
- Ability to assess and determine risk impacts
- Ability to reason logically, analyze and evaluate data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Maturity and business experience to manage sensitive information that could be personal in nature or Company confidential
- Experience auditing and managing in a public company environment, within a regulated industry
- Knowledge of internal controls and ICFR requirements
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #326011.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.