About the Company
Our client is a leading expert in the food/retail industry. They are looking to have an adaptive, resourceful and inquisitive individual join their Finance Team as a Manager, Internal Audit whose responsibilities will involve providing innovative audit assurance and verification services, assuring that proper operational and business controls are in place in each of the businesses, together with value-added analysis/consultative support services intended to help improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Why Work Here
- Prestigious Canadian company
- Very good work/life balance
- Strong employee compensation package along with various other non-monetary selling features
About the Opportunity
- Execute risk based audits and advisory projects by working with an integrated audit team and applying a multi-faceted approach to engagements
- Analyze results to understand, communicate and evaluate any significant internal control, accounting or operational business issues
- Prepare and communicate audit findings and recommendations with senior levels of Management as well as with the Board of Directors and its sub-committees.
- Conduct opening and closing meetings with Senior Executives and Management Board members
- Work with the business to develop value added Management Action Plans to address the findings identified to foster continuous improvement and reduce risk across the organization
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and co-workers
- Ensure that the assigned individual audit plan is met on time and on budget
- Conduct research of new and emerging issues and best practices in risk assessment, auditing and accounting
- CPA designation
- 2-3 years of audit experience either straight from public accounting or from industry
- Knowledge and/or experience of IT controls would be an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 30053.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.