About the Company
Our client is a leading investment management company specializing in a multitude of asset classes through a network of unique portfolios. They are currently looking for a Manager, Fund Accounting with a strong understanding of NAV calculations, bank rec’s, capital calls, waterfall calculations with strong understanding of debits and credit.
Why Work Here
- Generous compensation and benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation, standard benefits, RRSP matching, and CPA dues reimbursement
- Opportunity for significant global exposure and diversification
- Future opportunities for growth and development into senior positions
About the Opportunity
- Perform and lead fund administration activities to deliver special services to investors
- Record journal entries for management fees, investments, accruals, other expense/income, valuation adjustments and bank reconciliations and other fund accounting
- Handle the fund's capital activity process, specifically the capital call notices, maintaining capital rebalancing schedules, and the calculation of the carried interest
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the funds’ cash and investment positions
- Assist with control assessments and resolving accounting classification for new and existing fund portfolio investments and in performing level 3 valuations of investments
- Coordinate audit activities with the funds’ and management company’s external auditor and assist in the preparation of the audited financial documents
- Generate custom client reporting, including monthly fund performance estimates
- Accounting and operation process, leading cash management, expense reporting, and preparation of quarterly investor statements
- Lead all aspects of tax compliance process for the fund
- Take a leadership role in refining and implementing control improvements, including, but not limited to, fund and LP financial reporting as well as fund performance reporting.
- Improve the real-time flow of critical information across key internal partners.
- Provide leadership to system and automation efforts critical to scaling our control and fund accounting platform to support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Data analysis needed for the corporate accounting team (including Economic Net Income models, budget, AUM, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience with private accounting, fund reporting, financial accounting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
$110,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29926.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.