About the Company
Our client is a leading processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. They are currently looking for a
Manager, FP&A (Trade) to work with Sales Operations/Sales team to evaluate and optimize trade investment and provide ad hoc support to the Sales and Marketing directors/managers
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Excellent boss who will be an excellent mentor
- Company has performed very well through COVID
- Great growth opportunities within the business in a highly visible role
- Fantastic culture, family company that is well run and people are well taken care of
About the Opportunity
- Support the achievement of trade targets, and drive improved trade profitability:
- Review future trade activities, ensuring they are on strategy
- Perform post analysis on customer agreements
- Perform trade spend post analysis, providing insights to Sales and Sales Operations
- Provide trade support relating to:
- Customer agreement renegotiation
- New business opportunities (including determining trade for new promo groups)
- Identify and evaluate broader P&L impact of changes in trade management
- Proactively support trade effectiveness looping other departments including: Sales Operations, Corporate Finance, Commercial FP&A
- Develop and enhance processes, tools, and templates, support current trade management system and potential TPM implementation where appropriate
- Lead budget trade process – coaching trade analysts in compiling, review with sales, validate once data is entered in system and sending to sales as final check; challenging Sales team to ensure trade reductions in accordance with Deloitte assessment
- Support Commercial/Sales FP&A managers in quarterly trade forecasting
- Coach direct reports in:
- Approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness
- Determining and validating accruals to ensure accuracy of customer/item profitability, performing month-end rate variance analysis
- Providing analytical support for Sales team on deal requests, ensuring deals align with overall Food Service and Retail pricing/trade strategy.
- Quarterly trade scrub (North America Retail and Food Service) – identifying opps/risks to existing accruals, determining, and elevating future accrual rate changes
- Monthly trade review with Retail USA team – identifying opps/risks to existing accruals, determining, and elevating future accrual rate changes
- Provide key stakeholders with insights to budget and prior year – identify opps and risks based on feedback, translate to value impact, and elevate to CBT/VP Sales to align on future accrual changes
- Review all customer contracts to ensure trade accruals align with customer requirements
- Support Retail Sales Ops with developing/maintaining MPP Strategy
- Continued development of best practices relating to trade
- Ad hoc including backup support for FP&A managers
- 3-5 years in a FP&A Management role with previous analytical experience in trade, pricing and P&L management.
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and financial modeling skills with the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
$100,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #316661.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.