The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, in partnership with the Finance and Corporate Development Teams is responsible for continuous monitoring and assessment of the financial health of the organization and strategic financial planning. The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will provide financial leadership by managing budgets and conducting forecast analysis. The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis shall also play a key role in long-term strategic decision-making processes that affect the organization's profitability.
About the Opportunity
Planning and Analysis
- In collaboration with Vice President, Finance, become a key strategic partner in assessing potential business opportunities as they relate to cash flow, financial statements, and covenant implications thereof
- Analyze and report on a regular basis regarding company status against, and ability to meet its strategic and operational objectives
- Plan, forecast and report financial data to Executive and Board of Directors
- Manage and oversee the profit planning process and related reporting for all operating units, on an annual and rolling 12-month basis, incorporating the monthly breakdown of balance sheet, income statement, and the statement of cash flows on an individual business unit and consolidated basis
- Present financial reports to Executive, shareholders, Board of Directors, investors and external lenders
- Collect and analyze cost data versus budget for ascertaining financial performance and risk assessment
- Prepare weekly cash flow projections on both a “total inventory” and “available for use” basis to help with cash flow planning initiatives
- Prepare Regular Management, Executive, & Investor Reports which highlight the key metrics of the business with the appropriate degree of granularity for the respective level
- Partner with Operations Teams in order to evaluate activities and collaborate to develop efficiencies to cost structure
- Lead the Finance & Accounting Team in the development of review files to utilize historical and planned accounting data to identify issues and assess the reasonability of the results in the current period to be reported upon
- Assist the Finance & Accounting Team in determining the recognition of revenue using the Levelled Yield basis or another accounting method as approved by Management for our investment portfolios
- Partner with the Corporate Development Team to assess the reasonability of future cash flow calculations, IRR, and the NPV calculations thereon
- Work directly out of the General Ledger and utilize independent data (where appropriate) to identify and report accurately on a cost and revenue accrual basis to depict the underlying value sources of the business
- Prepare documents to be utilized by the external accountants/auditors for the completion of their year-end and/or interim procedures
- Working closely with the VP Finance, assess the validity of any accounting estimates and policies utilized for the preparation of financial statements, including but not limited to Allowances on origination receivables and investment portfolios
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 5 years Financial Planning & Analysis experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25301.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.