About the Opportunity
- Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning the Finance Manager plays a key role in linking Finance Department and operations to achieve financial and resource allocation goals.
- The finance manager ensures alignment with the organizational strategic directions and financial operating plan
- Assisting with key stakeholders financial accountabilities and planning processes
- Other responsibilities include: supporting the Annual Planning Submission business planning process, providing oversight of financial performance and strategic /business advice in budget planning
- Business case development utilizing financial modelling
- Effectively conducting cost benefits studies and “what if” scenarios
- Supporting regulatory funding proposals & funded initiatives
- The Manager will lead and coach a team of Senior Business Analysts to build effective and collaborative relationships with internal client departments
- Provides timely analysis and reporting of actual financial and statistical results for Management / Board /regulatory and other government bodies.
- Business decision and advice are well supported through forecasting and financial results analysis leveraging statistical and costing data.
- The Manager is expected to actively lead and/or participate in various process and system improvement initiatives, special projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Accounting Designation / MBA
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience is required, including managing professional staff
- Experience managing at least 3 full budget planning cycles
- NPO experience is an asset
- Display initiative and leadership when handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, problem solving, meeting deadlines, and driving process improvement.
- Possess exceptional planning, organizational and interpersonal capabilities with sound professional judgment.
- Advanced Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is required
- Proficiency in business intelligence/reporting tools would be advantageous.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27870.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.