About the Company
Our client is a Canadian leader in the financial services sector. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Reporting & Policy who will be supporting the corporate reporting and consolidations team and will be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation for the organization and it’s legal entities.
Why Work Here
- Very progressive and collaborative corporate culture
- Lots of interactions with different offices across city the globe
- Progression to Manager is tied with performance.
About the Opportunity
- Key player on the preparation and coordination of the quarterly and annual external consolidated financial statements, including the financial statement note disclosures in accordance with IFRS;
- Coordinate with the external auditors in the quarterly financial statement reviews and annual audit i.e. coordinating timelines and key deliverables, and identifying and resolving financial statement issues;
- Partner with various departments that impact or contribute to the timely and accurate production of financial statements, and to the accuracy and timeliness of financial information contained in the general ledger;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly audit committee presentation materials;
- Act as a second line of defense and review the financial reporting processes and controls that are relevant to the key financial reporting and disclosure controls. Perform fraud risk assessment.
- Oversee the monthly general ledger close process, including working with upstream and downstream stakeholders for timely and accurate reporting.
- Provide leadership for the group in identifying and communicating best practices, trends, and implementing process improvements.
- Review new investment products and implement appropriate changes to the financial statement disclosure and presentation;
- Preparing documentation to substantiate and demonstrate adequate procedures and controls are in place to meet accounting and regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Special projects and adhoc reporting as assigned
- 8 + year's experience in financial reporting; minimum 2-3 year's experience in investment management, pension fund or financial services industry;
- Strong technical accounting skills (i.e. IFRS) and strong internal controls and procedures;
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #326039.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.