About the Company
Our client is a GTA hospital. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Reporting & Planning who provides leadership in areas of financial planning and analysis, accounting and internal control.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Consistently named one of the GTA's top employers
- Very collaborative and supportive team
- Opportunities to be a part of one of Toronto's premier healthcare providers
- Manage the annual hospital-wide operating budgeting processes and funding streams which involves extensive collaboration with key clinical units, administrative departments and external funding agencies
- Manage and provide direction and guidance to staff within the Financial Reporting, Planning & Budgeting.
- Coordinate month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Standards and MIS guidelines, including oversight of all account reconciliations, accruals and adjusting entries.
- Develop and maintain central database of funding and service agreements to ensure dissemination of information to appropriate clinical areas and compliance reporting which is timely and internally consistent with budget, actual results and statistical submissions
- Advise, train and educate Hospital staff at all levels regarding budgetary planning, information systems, MIS standards and data quality
- Work integrally with Decision Support Unit and program managers to achieve higher levels of performance and improved patient care through focused use of strategic information, resource measurement and evidenced-based decision-making
- Liaise with multiple funding agencies
- Lead external audits, including coordination of year-end audit working paper preparation, compilation of financial statements and note disclosures in accordance with GAAP as applicable to Hospitals.
- Support clinical program areas in reviewing and analyzing monthly operating results and strategizing effective financial savings and controls
- Coordinate and submit all external reporting requirement of the various funding agencies (eg Ontario Health, Canada revenue Agency,etc.) including but not limited to:
- MIS Trial Balance compliance and reporting
- HAPS and CAPS including schedules
- SRI quarterly reporting of actual performance and forecast.
- SRI year-end reports reconciled with the audited results.
- T3010 Charity Information return
- BPS Consolidation
- Monitor emerging accounting standards and implement as required.
- Develop and monitor internal controls in order to mitigate risk, ensure integrity and accuracy of financial information, especially as it affects Ministry reporting and funding.
- Overall responsibility for the Hospital’s financial systems including establishing and maintaining strong policies and procedures and communicating policy changes.
- Responsible for the hospital’s budgeting systems, Questica, lead the implementation and testing of new systems and system upgrades.
- Support the Director of Finance with board reporting, analysis and guidance to be used for strategic and operational initiatives.
- Participate in the implementation and testing of new financial information systems and system upgrades.
- Direct, mentor and coach staff to work cohesively and develop professionally to function at their full potential
- Identify and recommend opportunities for increased efficiencies within the department and Hospital wide.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CA, CMA or CGA) designation coupled with a Degree in business or relevant program of study.
- Three to five years of experience in a financial reporting position, preferably in a hospital setting.
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #382345
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.