About the Company
We are looking for an up and coming candidate to take on a Manager position for one of our clients in the Milton area. This position would lead a team of Analysts and be responsible for the financial reporting of a particular area of the business. The ideal candidate will have a foundation in public accounting and is ready to join industry in a working Manager capacity.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for leading and delivering on all month end, quarter end and year end processes to produce consolidated financial reporting on a timely basis
- Establish controls to ensure that all financial accounting functions are performed accurately, on time and in accordance with the Corporation’s guidelines and within Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Assisting on technical accounting matters and the implementation of policy changes divisionally and company-wide
- Train and mentor both corporate and divisional finance team members in the implementation of new finance policies and any onboarding training as needed
- Manage the financial statement audit process, including quarterly and interim audit requirements throughout the fiscal year
- Liaise with other departments as necessary (e.g. Accounts Payable, Land, Construction,)
- Continuously examine current controls and processes in the financial reporting cycle and recommend areas of improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Set guidelines, standards and maintain proper documentation for all financial transactions (i.e. A/P, General Accounting, Inventory Waterfall Processes, Cash Receipts, General Journals, Inter-company Transactions) while ensuring consistent and correct implementation of guidelines and processes set
- Review all system requirements and monitor the developments and modifications to further control and enhance financial reporting for the entity
- Key Liaison to the corporate tax group, ensuring compliance with all statutory, income and indirect tax requirements
- Maintaining and building the reporting infrastructure to support legal entity changes and land acquisitions
- Oversee all divisional treasury functions including oversight of all mortgages, bank loans; key liaison to the corporate treasury department
- Review internal and external financial reporting packages / ad-hoc reports prior to publication and provide recommendations on enhancements to continue to drive improved reporting to key business partners
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on finance/accounting
- Attainment of Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a financial reporting/audit capacity
- Previous experience leading, coaching or mentoring team members is highly desirable
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24806.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.