About the Company
Our client is a world leader in the conception, development, production and distribution of state-of-the-art medical products. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance who will have direct exposure to the Investment Oversight Committee (IOC), as well as the Family Office Principals
Why Work Here
- Collaborative, team environment
- Fairly new team being built out now
- Close knit, collaborative and team environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop in the role, division and overall company
About the Opportunity
- To manage a team of accounting and finance professionals and ensure accurate and timely reporting of investment results, financial results and compliance/controls across the organization.
- Hire, train and mentor a growing team of finance and accounting professionals
- Small team initially, growing to 3 individuals over the next 12 months.
- Two Sr Financial Analysts reports + Junior Support Staff
- To present bias free investment and financial results to the Head of Investments and the Investment Oversight Committee.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual investment and financial results
- Work in lock-step with the Investment team to ensure timely and accurate results that are free of internal biases
- Build, maintain and document appropriate policies and procedures for accounting controls and processes, while striving for continuous operational efficiencies
- Review period-end financial and investment reconciliations and oversee the monthly close process
- Designing and producing regular and ad-hoc reporting packages and dashboards
- Understand valuation techniques and criteria of complex investment strategies and set guidance on investment valuation methodologies
- Liaises often with the Internal Family office tax and investment teams to ensure a tax efficient investment process
- Oversee relationship with all accounting service providers (banking relationships, vendors, etc)
- Willingness to be hands-on and roll up the sleeves in the early months of the role
- Support external KYC & AML documentation and paperwork for new investment opportunities
- Responsible for setting and maintaining all aspects of the Office’s compliance regime.
- Ongoing maintenance to be supported up SFA team member, however ultimately responsibility resides with the Manager: Financial Reporting & Compliance
- Adhere to all aspects compliance, regulatory and legal guidelines
- Special projects as required
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years of progressive Accounting experience
- 1+ in a managerial role
- Experience working in the investment management, pension fund or financial services industry (either internally or as a service provider or consultant)
$115,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #308253.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.