About the Company
Our client is a well-established organization in the healthcare industry. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Reporting who will be responsible for the day to day accounting and reporting activities of all operating sites
Why Work Here
- Close knit team of people. Full plate of work that is interesting to learn
- Informal and laid-back management but a fast-paced office
About the Opportunity
- Review the monthly financial statements and variances reports for all operating sites for accuracy and completeness
- Work with the property accountants to ensure that reporting deadlines are met on a monthly basis
- Act as liaison between property accountants and the field to ensure the financial statements are a true representation of operating activities
- Discuss statements with the VP of Finance prior to release to upper management
- Prepare the monthly financial package to be presented to senior management which includes:
- Capital spending summaries
- Property tax summaries and appeal updates
- Prepare complete internal package for the year-end audit
- Prepare tax package for corporate and partnership returns
- Prepare draft IFRS consolidated statements with accompanying notes as template for the auditors as well as individual LP statements
- Work with the external auditors to ensure that reporting deadline is met
- Maintain responsibility for any year-end adjustments and entries required to close off ledgers.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for invoice approvals and cheque issuance
- Work closely with Regional Vice Presidents, and Executive Directors in the field to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures
- Verify that all account reconciliations have been updated by the property accountants and ensure that they are accurate
- Review internal management fee journal entries and inter-company transactions
- Daily cash flow summaries prepared in a timely fashion, submitted and discussed with VP and CFO
- Prepare monthly and periodic GST/PST submissions
- Oversee rent payment submissions to the bank on a monthly basis for all operating sites
- Prepare quarterly consolidated financial statements for senior management
- Quarterly reporting requirements for various government programs – will liaise with Regional VP and Directors to update and complete.
- Monitor and review documents such as liquor licenses and insurance allocation summaries
- Maintain and update the accounting manual and be involved in staff training
- Ad hoc Analysis as required
- CPA, CA
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS
- Manager level experience
$115,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 346782.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.