About the Company
Our client is an investment holding company. They are looking for a Financial Reporting Manager. The responsibilities will focus on all aspects of preparing the complex global consolidation of a highly transactional, multinational, public insurance company.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Many long-tenured employees
- Humble, down to earth, very intelligent workforce with “everyone helps each other” attitude.
About the Opportunity
- Member of the Head Office Finance team which has overall responsibility for consolidated financial reporting as a Canadian public company with global operations.
- Key member of the complex global corporate consolidation process, including the preparation and posting of journal entries related to:
- Elimination of intercompany investments and transactions;
- Non-controlling interest allocations and transactions;
- Changes in ownership interests in consolidated investees;
- Impact of corporate reorganizations; and
- Acquisitions and divestitures.
- Prepare detailed analysis of specific financial statement line items, including borrowings, other assets and accounts payable and accrued liabilities.
- Prepare selected sections of the financial statements, note disclosures and MD&A of interim and annual reports to ensure reasonableness and proper accounting treatment, and maintain evidence of such preparation for audit and SOX purposes.
- Prepare quarterly financial analyses for the Audit Committee.
- Prepare annual financial statements for the company’s charitable foundations.
- Provide guidance to the financial consolidation system (OneStream) team on setup of appropriate consolidation entities, accounts and data structures.
- Consolidate the quarterly reforecast and annual fiscal plans, and prepare summaries for the Board of Directors.
- Assist with the preparation of SOX documentation including the annual global SOX plan, process walk-throughs, details of internal control activities and assessment of ICFR.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and provide audit evidence as required.
- Participate in special projects and transactions (e.g. accounting standards implementation, accounting for acquisitions and divestitures, reorganizations, etc.) including performing accounting research and preparing or reviewing accounting memos.
- 6+ years of progressive hands-on experience preparing consolidated financial statements of large multi-nationals in a public reporting environment; complex consolidation experience required.
- Strong understanding of, and ability to apply practically, IFRS & Canadian public reporting requirements; experience with SOX and SEC reporting requirements would be beneficial.
- Full cycle & financial reporting experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 337231.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.