About the Opportunity
- Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Manage the month end and reporting process ensuring timelines and deliverables are achieved
- Oversee and prepare the monthly financial results with commentary
- Review and approve journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and MD&A including all supporting schedules and note disclosures
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting policies and procedures under IFRS.
- Provide ongoing support to FP&A budgeting and forecasting process
- Lead post-acquisition integration including set up of new company in ERP, accounting staff training, set-up and testing of opening balances, etc.
- Prepare and maintain standardized reports with automated reporting outputs to streamline internal reporting functions
- Other related duties as required
- Financial Controls, Risk & Audit
- One of the Key contacts for external and internal auditors
- Provide recommendations on business process changes, opportunities for improvements in process and control
- Identify and provide recommendations on areas of significant financial risk and internal control deficiencies
- Team Management:
- Manage, develop and provide ongoing support to a team of 3 direct reports and 7 indirect reports.
- Provide accounting guidance to staff to ensure accuracy and completeness of transactions.
- Coordinate with Corporate Controller to establish and implement departmental goals and objectives, and streamline internal controls
- CPA designation with a minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting experience including external financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting practices - particularly related to consolidations, systems, disclosures and policies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to maximize resources (people, processes, departments, tools) to complete objectives effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, quality driven and detail oriented
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven track record to collaborate with individuals within the team and in other departments and build collaborative working relationships
- Advanced skills with Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with GP, Management Report would be an asset
- Experience with Workiva an asset
- Experience in Media Industry an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #333816.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.