About the Company
Our client is a global entertainment company. Their Financial Reporting team is looking to hire a Manager who will be responsible for financial statement preparation, MD&A, compliance, consolidations and reporting.
Why Work Here
- Company is going through a lot of growth - organically and through acquisitions
- Very strong leadership team who will support and mentor, with opportunity for progression
About the Opportunity
- Ownership of the first draft of monthly, quarterly and annual production of consolidated financial statements and annual statutory financial statements and review of associated working papers
- Assist the Senior Director of Financial Reporting on development of accounting policies
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with changing accounting standards, provide IFRS interpretation and prepare technical memoranda that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner. Implement processes as required to educate and communicate changes to stakeholders
- Support with the establishment and management of processes related to the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements including all note disclosures in accordance with IFRS
- Manage and support the preparation of the Management’s Discussion & Analysis and other regulatory and statutory reporting as required
- Liaison with external auditors, helping ensure the proper planning and execution of the annual audit and quarterly reviews for the consolidated company, along with any subsidiary audit requirements
- Review financial reports submitted by international subsidiaries
- Leverage NetSuite to support the organization’s finance and reporting needs
- Work with corporate accounting team to deliver timely and accurate information
- Prior experience in public accounting a strong asset
- Minimum 1-2 years of practical experience in Financial reporting, and consolidations within industry
- Strong technical proficiency with IFRS an consolidations experience
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28735.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.