About the Company
Our client is a well-established organization in the renewable energy industry. They are looking for an Accounting Manager who will assist with the review and preparation of financial statements and MD&A in accordance with US GAAP.
Why Work Here
- Values hard working and entrepreneurial individuals.
- The organization has experienced strong year-to-year growth
- Work hard, play hard culture
About the Opportunity
- Review and approve routine transactions on a timely basis
- Ensure all deadlines are met during the month end close process
- Prepare quarterly financial statements under US GAAP
- Assist to prepare quarterly board materials
- Assist to determine accounting treatment for acquisitions, dispositions, restructuring and financing activities under US GAAP by reviewing legal agreements and investment memos and researching accounting guidance
- Liaise with auditors on annual financial statements and complex accounting transactions
- Lead ERP improvement projects
- Ensure compliance with tax and other regulatory filing requirements
- Execute processes aligned with internal controls and US GAAP standards
- Provide support and manage ad hoc projects as needed by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer
- Actively participate in the identification and execution of process improvement/best practice initiatives
- CPA or CA
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS accounting standards
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 284267.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role