About the Company
Our client is a leading organization in the utilities industry. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Reporting to be responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial statements and accounting policies under IFRS.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the preparation and help prepare financial statements and related information, including: statutory reporting, management and executive financial reporting
- Coordinates the operation of the Financial Reporting function with corporate strategic directives
- Ensures the integrity of financial accounting and reporting systems and processes
- Identifies and recommends process or procedural improvements to improve the quality and timeliness of financial information and to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness for financial reporting
- Oversees the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting
- Continuously improves the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting process including automation of the reporting tools
- Reviews / recommends improvement in internal controls; including ERP related controls (roles and securities, segregation of duties, etc.)
- Oversees the preparation of the internal and external MD&A, internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Co-ordinates and helps with the annual audit engagement and the preparation of exhibits for the annual report
- Oversees and recommends new or enhanced policies, procedures and process to enhance / improve operational improvements
- Leads special assignments and projects; both cross-functional and departmental
- Identifies project scope, resources required, completing project charters, plans, reporting and documentation.
- Optimizes ERP functionality and coordinating continuous training for department
- Leads on-going monitoring, development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures and financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Provides guidance to the organization on the interpretation of accounting policies and IFRS standards
- CPA, CA designation
- Technical research experienced in IFRS
- Experienced in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience with major ERP (e.g. COGNOS, HUBBLE)
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25779.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.