ARE YOU A RECENTLY QUALIFIED CPA READY TO MAKE THE MOVE TO INDUSTRY? Our client is a new life insurance company backed by a world-class asset management company. They are seeking a Manager of Reporting to join their team.
Manager, Financial Reporting
About the Company
Our client, a large publicly traded global asset company, is hiring a Manager of Reporting. They have been in operation for over a century, and have gained clients in North and South America, Australia and Europe. As they continue to expand their portfolio, they are looking for a dedicated professional to join the team at their downtown office. This company is a collection of top performers who have a demonstrated track record of exceptional academic and professional performance and experience. It is a good fit for people who are high achievers and want to work in a performance-driven environment. People who work hard and fit into the culture can take their careers to incredible heights at this company.
About the Opportunity
- Manage, prepare and review quarterly results and board meeting material, including analysis of but not limited to our fee-bearing capital, base fees, carried interest, compensation cost and G&A spend
- Prepare quarterly financials including consolidation, equity roll, intra/inter-company reconciliations, cashflows and reforecast
- Analysis of operating results against prior quarter and prior year
- Develop thorough understanding of corporate structures, asset management operations and ongoing activity of our Private Funds platform
- Undertake and lead various ad hoc analysis as required on a regular basis
- Lead the design, implementation, and execution of special projects which may include, but not limited to, process redesign, and other projects as we undertake new initiatives
- Manage and develop a finance team of 2 direct reports
- Preparation of annual business plan including projected financials and non-financial metrics
- Professional accounting designation with at least 5 years of experience with a mix of public and private accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and good coaching skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and proactive with respect to managing workload and professional development
- Good organizational skills to handle volume and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Good process management skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #19456.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit