About the Company
Our client is a well known Government Agency that supports the Infrastructure and Transportation Network in the GTA. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Policy to provide technical accounting guidance and support to stakeholders, as a subject matter expert in accounting standards.
Why Work Here
- Flexible hours
- Ability to add value to something meaningful where you can see the impact of your work every day!
- Company is growing
- Very close knit group
- Defined Benefit pension
About the Opportunity
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support stakeholders, as a subject matter expert (SME) in accounting standards.
- Provides accounting policy and financial reporting support and advice on Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards,
- Interprets accounting policies
- Lead the research, analysis, implementation, development and impact of new and revised accounting standards
- Prepares and presents white papers on complex and material accounting issues
- 8+ years' experience
- Experience with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) or IFRS
- Previous Financial reporting and/or Assurance experience
- Experience with complex accounting including drafting of Accounting Memos
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards
$95,000 - $138,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #301512.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.