About the Company
Our client is a global leader in synthetic rope. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis who will be responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis including quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, operating plan variance analysis and special projects.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Great mentorship opportunities, CFO is passionate in developing, mentoring and coaching individuals
- Growing company, acquired a company in Houston recently
- Great growth and progression opportunities!
Operational Review and Reporting
- Lead the development, standardization and ongoing support of portfolio company monthly reporting packages;
- Develop and update financial models with actuals;
- Monitor key performance indicators, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, identifying trends and proactively working with operational leaders on opportunities to grow the businesses;
- Conduct variance analysis, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances and providing commentary and insights for inclusion in corporate performance reporting;
- Leverage ERP system data to gain insights and drive business decisions;
- Assist in quarterly Board reporting processes such that Board materials are presented in a standardized manner and Aimia public reporting information is available;
- Provide financial analysis, insight and guidance to support business decision making on key strategies with the objective of supporting an analytical culture for decision making in the organization;
- Ensure consistency in financial modeling for capital projects, assessing financial metrics including NPV, IRR and other return metrics as required by the CFO;
- Conduct post-mortems on business cases;
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and other modeling tools, including the use of BI tools to establish standard dashboard reporting;
- Streamline processes and modeling to incorporate scenario analysis and improve responsiveness to operational challenges;
- Assist portfolio companies in their annual budgeting processes such that budgets are presented in a standardized manner;
- Lead the quarterly re-forecasting process;
Treasury and Cash Management
- Oversee the cash forecasting process for all portfolio companies;
- Assist CFO in quarterly reporting requirements related to credit facilities;
- Support the preparation and complete the financial modeling for periodic valuation of the portfolio companies.
- Undergraduate degree, supplemented with a CPA, CFA, or MBA
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience as a financial analyst with a focus on Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Modeling;
- Hands on (practical) FP&A experience (ie. Building budget, processes, forecasting, etc)
Up to $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #379668
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.