About the Company
Our client is a large pharmaceutical company, and they are looking for a Manager Finance, Global Supply Chain to join their team.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Fast paced, ambitious, passionate, and collaborative culture
- Tenured, capable and passionate leadership team
- Professional growth and development, internal career trajectory, and interesting work (business transformation on multiple levels, optimization initiatives, define processes, etc.)
- In collaboration with VP, Global Procurement support the ideation, validation and tracking of actual (including monthly if appropriate) financial savings reported by Value Capture Initiatives (VCI), such as Project Monarch. Help to foster a culture to drive down cost of raw materials, supplies, and services. Serve as a control point to ensure savings initiatives meet program criteria.
- Own and report on Purchase Price Variances across the network, and bring transparency into Global Procurement for annual target-setting.
- Support the standard costing process. Own the global approach/policy to annual development of standards and the process to make interim changes. Ensure that sustainable purchase price variances are ultimately incorporated into standards.
- Working closely with the logistics team provide transparency into the key drivers for variances, including but not limited to volume and rate variances. Rate variances should identify both, market conditions and actions under the company’s control such as lane rates., LTL/FTL mix etc. Validate monthly and quarterly financial forecasts for freight expense against Annual Operating Plan and prior projections. Support the development and analysis of plans and forecasts.
- Establish controls over Ocean vs. Air freight and ensure processes are followed through.
- Understand processes established to set inventory targets. Contribute to periodic reviews and target-setting while managing a fine balance between cash tied up in inventory and inventory write-off.
- Working closely with stakeholders, review inventory value and identify potential risk of write-off. Work with commercial teams to identify opportunities to salvage losses from short dated products. Provide action-oriented summary slides for inclusion in the Monthly Operating Review (MOR) presentation.
- Provide financial leadership in support of costs associated with product transfers to third party manufacturers, and product life cycle management.
- Support business case development for capital expenditures required at warehouses and distribution centers across the network, as well as other strategic investments as required.
- Lead development of risk assessments (Opportunities & Risks) for GSC.
- Utilize open, honest, two-way communication to build trust-based relationships with employees and business partners while continuously improving leadership capabilities by personally seeking feedback and development.
- Ensure adherence to all compliance programs and company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- CPA or MBA or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in Supply Chain Finance
- Experience in Procurement
- Exhibited business acumen in understanding cross-functional processes, requirements and relevant information flows; translating gaps into solutions.
- Experience leading teams and influencing activities across functions without formal authority to deliver results.
- Highly proficient in SAP and MS Office applications. Knowledge of digitalization tools (Alteryx, Qlik Sense, etc.) is desirable.
$125,000 - $138,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 393210
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.