About the Company
Our client is an insurance company. They are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Small insurance company, so someone can make a huge difference within the company
- Work from home option
- Work hard/play hard culture with great company events
- On a monthly basis work with the external distributors to review and validate the premiums, commissions and claims prior to inclusion in the financial report
- Analyze monthly premium submissions and support documents of assigned distribution channels, identifying key drivers of variances and financial implication of business activity changes / assumption revisions and their impact on forecast and annual budget
- Investigate the changes related to policy renewals, cancellations, endorsements, and effective dates changes with external resources
- Reconcile the bordereaux reports for GISA reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Collate the required data for the pre-month end forecasts and follow up on the outstanding premium payments and timing of receipts
- Set up an internal review process for quarterly audits of the supporting data from the external distributors to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Work with Director and external partners to identify and eliminate reporting variances and investigate reporting issues as they arise
- Prepare for management recurring and ad-hoc financial reporting and presentations based on data from the external groups. Help the external distributors provide timely and accurate data for our internal reporting
- Support preparation of internal management presentations as related to distributors information for the forecasts, budget and audit requirements
- Create analytical models, spot trends, identify relevant risks and opportunities and create insight that will be information and decision useful to various stakeholders
- Support ongoing benchmarking with other distributors and related analysis to help provide insights, and drive business outcomes based on benchmark data
- Proactively seek to build distributor partnerships and provide advisory role to finance directors by gaining business understanding and supporting strategy development through predictive analysis what-if analysis and assessment of reporting requirements needs
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team to provide research, analysis, and development support to Directors in the group for decision making
- Assist with other assigned tasks within the group as required
- Professional accounting designation (e.g., CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in Finance, with emphasis on financial planning, management reporting & analysis, and stakeholder relationship building
- Proven experience working in a dynamic performance-based culture
- Knowledge of accounting theory and good practical understanding of financial reporting, internal controls, financial planning, budgeting, and cost accounting including related methodology, techniques and procedures
- Insurance industry experience
- Some experience working with insurance dealer broker network is a good asset
- Some knowledge of IFRS 17
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383645.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.