About the Company
Our client is a leading property and casualty insurance organization. They are looking for a Manager, Finance Business Partner, IT & EPMO who will interact with the IT (CIO) and project management leaders across the business to provide business case and analytical support on decision making related to the vendors and projects.
Why Work Here
- Excellent collaborative culture
- State of the art new office
- Good work life balance and an excellent boss
About the Opportunity
- Relationship Management
- Consult in a finance business partner capacity to our PI business segment leads by:
- Providing insights into the future, seeing the big picture, showing and ability to influence senior management team, taking initiative proactively and focusing on aligning Finance and other functions within the business.
- Growing the relationships with the business as a partner, providing outstanding client experience and strengthening the relationships across boundaries.
- Being a deep generalist with accomplished finance proficiencies and business capabilities drawing across cross-functional subject areas and boundaries to address emerging business issues.
- Driving Business Performance
- Ensure all business decisions are being supported by high quality financial analysis with the required data resources, analytical tools, structured frameworks and standard methodologies.
- Drive quality business planning ensuring business activities are being created that culminate in financial plans and performance targets being set and achieved across the business segments.
- Direct Business Unit Operational Reviews and Business Planning processes, engages business leaders, and uses standard methodologies and common processes.
- Bring to bear deep generalist knowledge, interprets/synthesizes and delivers timely management information that contributes to valuable decision support.
- Provide ongoing business insights and competitor analysis, to drive business performance forward.
- Ensure that financial support is provided to initiatives that make valuable contributions to the business.
- Compare/benchmark business operations to enable Regional/Functional optimization.
- Strategic Management
- Actively participate in strategy formulation within the PI business segments
- Ensure accurate financial assumptions in corporate and business unit planning processes are consistently made
- Participate effectively in the development of business planning models that reflect key drivers of value and driven environment
- Participate on cross-functional teams within the business
- Provide a consistent approach which assists the business in measuring its performance against strategy and operating plans
- Play a key role in ensuring that competitive analyses are developed for the business
- Bring a digital first and customer centric approach
- Performance Measurement and Management Control
- Understand key financial and operational drivers of performance and helps to integrate them consistently in business management reporting processes
- Support the development/refinementof appropriate efficiency metrics, dashboards and financial/nonfinancial metrics to enable effective performance management.
- Track and analyze information that is predictive and useful
- Incorporate measures of competitor status into management reports
- Coordinate the communication of performance towards goals and strategies of the business.
- Establish and drives forward looking planning / budgeting processes ensuring alignment between financial and strategic plans.
- Compare/benchmark business operations across the Regions/Channels to enable business optimization
- Cost Management
- Establish and implement a framework to drive expense management rigour and focus within the business – identifying and reducing non-value added costs in the PI operation
- Ensure the business uses relevant and reliable product / customer / segment cost information.
- Understand the long-term cost structure of our business and takes an active role in the cost management process.
- Governance/Stewardship role
- Coordinate the deployment of financial controls across the business that are effective at preventing undesirable risks
- Align finance processes and priorities with those of the business and are flexible at adapting finance processes to meet business’s changing needs
- Play an upfront and early role in product decision making processes
- CA/CPA, CMA, CGA or equivalent
- 5+ years post qualification financial management experience (3-5 years of which preferably in a P&C organization) with previous experience in partnering with IT and EPMO.
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #326094.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.