About the Opportunity
- Summarize and collect financial information such as preparing financial statements and other ad-hoc reports
- Hold quarterly meetings with the families to review reports and develop a financial strategy.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Analyze and present financial information to facilitate decision making processes
- Assist in cash management of the Group by preparing and/or reviewing cash flows
- Review year-end accounting files related to all entities within the Group
- Provide financial statement analysis and manage cash-flow of entities
- Coordinate payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Review and analyzes reports from other companies that relate to the Group
- Review estimates of individual and corporate entities prepared by accountants to determine installments, where necessary coordinate with the tax group
- Prepare and/or review year-end tax files for individuals and entities within the Group
- Ensure all individuals and entities within the Group comply with government regulatory bodies (Canadian and foreign) including but not limited to T1s, T2, and HST compliance
- Review, investigate and reconcile variances between taxes filed and assessed
- Coordinate preparation of returns for US tax compliance of various individuals and corporations
- Coordinate with internal tax group and external tax advisors on complex tax matters
- Serve as the primary contact person for professionals around the families.
- Navigate and understand complex structures involving investment companies, trust companies, partnerships, and multiple generations.
- Develop appropriate procedures based on the needs of the families.
- Coordinate financial activities with family advisors such as bankers, accountants, and lawyers.
- Gain an understanding of the investments and a general understanding of the fiscal, legal, and accounting implications.
- Review legal documents to ensure all transactions have been recorded correctly
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Mentor staff for non-routine transactions, for personal and corporate tax return preparation
- Act as an administrator for QuickBooks (accounting software) and Write-up (investment software)
- Assists management in evaluating processes to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- CPA, CA designation
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in related duties
- Leadership skills and ability to run a team
- Experience managing wealth or considerable wealth, an asset
- Accounting experience with operating companies and investment companies
- Ability to work in a growing, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, conscientious, and resourceful
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Computer literate in MS Office package, and comfortable with learning new software packages
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #298545.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.