About the Company
Our client is a well-established energy and infrastructure company looking for a Senior Manager, Enterprise Audit & Risk who will be responsible for the development, approval and execution of the annual internal audit plan including financial, operational, risk management and compliance audits that align with key enterprise elements associated with risk to the organization.
Why Work Here
- Stable and high growth company
- Fantastic work/life balance
- Lots of opportunities for growth
About the Opportunity
- Participate in risk assessments to effectively plan, design, and execute internal audits using a risk-based approach
- Perform sufficient and adequate testing to support stated audit objectives
- Identify control gaps and analyze the impact of findings on financial, regulatory, legal and compliance requirements, and operational efficiency
- Evaluate the effectiveness of control design, working with process owners to develop action plans and recommendations for control weaknesses and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Communicate findings through formal reporting to Management and to the Finance and Audit Committee, clearly articulating risk exposure and control recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Present Internal audit reports and plans to the Finance and Audit Committee on a quarterly basis
- Be a subject matter expert to senior stakeholders and business leaders, develop operational relations to ensure and understanding of the businesses, help drive strategic plan initiatives
- Co-ordinate and conduct follow up reviews to ensure timely remediation of control gaps
- Maintain internal controls documentation and up to date internal audit guidelines
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with industry peers, regulators, key stakeholders, and Finance staff.
- Work in compliance with all health and safety and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- CPA, CIA, or equivalent
- 5-7 years of practical progressive experience.
- Broad business experience outside of accounting and internal audit
$125,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 324389.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.