About the Company
Our Client is a large public company located in Markham Ontario, and they are looking to hire a Cybersecurity Manager to join their technology team.
About the Opportunity
- This will be the first dedicated Cybersecurity person on the IT team – so far they have been relying on vendors/consultants to manage cyber (outsourced SOC, relying on consultants for pen testing and audits, etc)
- This person will have no team to manage (for now) and will focus on cyber – from policy/governance/compliance to tools (Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, etc), audits, etc
- This is a great role for someone who wants to come in and 'own’ cybersecurity at the company
- 7+ years in IT infrastructure positions, escalating to server/network and cyber security position(s)
- Proven experience with hands-on cybersecurity projects on tools and processes that deal with Siem, Email protection, network protection, endpoint protection, etc
- Proven experience with cybersecurity strategy items (eg policy, compliance, governance, risk/audit)
- Experience with vulnerability assessments, TRAs, incident response, patching policies, etc
- Experience with security frameworks (ISO, COBIT, NIST, etc)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and the associated network protocols and concepts.
- CISSP Certification
- Ability to commute to Markham part-time
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline is an asset
- Strong Project Management is an asset
- Experience with tools like Crowdstrike, Proofpoint, Fortinet is an asset
- Experience with building security ecosystem from scratch is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 301589.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.