About the Company
Our client is a fully integrated commercial real estate advisory and capital firm. They are looking for a
Manager, Corporate Accounting who will play a key role in managing full cycle accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Fantastic boss who is a great mentor
- High exposure role that will work with the VP of Corporate Finance and CFO directly
- Lots of growth happening within the business. Company is very well run, profitable and stable
- Broad role with large scope
- Corporate Accounting: Manage the monthly and quarterly financial close process, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, intercompany allocations and reconciliations, debt and interest analysis, and balance sheet analysis.
- Financial statements: Assist in the preparation of consolidated and non-consolidated financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis and actively participate and support the resolution of complex technical accounting issues, including coordination with auditors.
- Forecasting/Budgeting: Support the preparation of Corporate quarterly forecasts and annual budgets/long-range plans.
- Process Improvement and Automation: Champion a best practice environment for the team and harmonize processes where possible. Benchmark delivery standards and encourage a continuous improvement culture to meet or exceed those benchmark standards.
- Tax Compliance: Participate in government financial and taxation reporting requirements including preparation of HST/GST filings, assisting in the calculation of tax provisions, and assisting with annual corporate filings, as required.
- Coaching: Provide ongoing coaching and mentorship to junior resources within the team.
- CPA or equivalent is preferred
- Four or more years of progressive accounting experience in a national accounting firm and/or similar experience within the commercial real estate industry
- Proficiency in IFRS preferred; proficiency in Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) considered an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
$115,000 to $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #381280.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.