About the Company
Our client is a leading commercial real estate company specializing in various investment, management, and development projects. They are currently looking for a Manager, Corporate Accounting, to oversee, manage, and support corporate tax filings and corporate reporting processes.
Why Work Here
- Privately held and well-capitalized, with strong leadership
- Fantastic opportunity to join a growing business and build out a larger team
- Entrepreneurial culture, collaborative team environment, and fantastic mentorship opportunities
- Values individuals who are hard-working, many opportunities for growth and advancement
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for Consolidation, Corporate, and joint venture accounting (GAAP), etc.
- Responsible for financial reporting, annual budget, and analysis, and full ownership
- Responsible for monthly corporate financial reporting package to shareholders
- Responsible for monthly departmental reporting and internal review with Operational Directors
- Responsible for preparing annual budget presentation decks to various Owner groups
- Responsible for monthly operational finance joint venture reporting package for distribution
- Responsible for quarterly and year-end joint venture financial statements and analysis packages
- Responsible for year-end audit and tax compliance working papers
- Setup and maintain proper corporate and joint venture legal entity structures
- Establish accounting policies (Real Estate GAAP) and ensure consistent applications
- Establish a monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, align books to apply GAAP principles
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting support on accounting issues
- Overall general ledger chart of accounts maintenance
- Prepare and maintain monthly referred Return and Financing schedules
- Supervise, train, and manage workflow of 1 direct report (Corporate Accountant)
- CPA designation
- 5-7 years in experience in Commercial Real Estate, in a management/supervisory role
- Experience with corporate financial reporting (ASPE/IFRS)
- Exposure to Corporate Income Tax compliance/filing
- Yardi experience is a strong asset
- Experience in people management is a strong asset
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29275.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.