About the Company
Our client is a leading organization in the property services industry. They are looking for a Manager, Compliance and Risk Management who will be responsible for providing compliance and advisory services to the business.
- Highly inquisitive and entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to learn the intricacies of various industries
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Perform planning and testing of internal controls over financial reporting, entity level controls, and disclosure controls and procedures in accordance with SOX requirements
- Prepare and maintain internal control documentation for SOX purposes
- Assist Management with the SOX onboarding of new locations and provide guidance to Management for the design of internal controls
- Assist with the planning and execution of other compliance and advisory type projects
- Conduct risk assessments and prepare the audit scope and respective testing plan
- Execute the testing of internal controls and other audit projects based on internal audit standards and best practices
- Prepare formal audit reports with findings and recommendations, and present the findings
- Interact with and provide continuous improvement recommendations to the business with respect to governance, risk and compliance
- Maintain the internal control deficiencies and audit recommendations logs
- Liaise with external service providers and external auditors to facilitate the external audit process
- Support the VP in continuous process improvements and initiatives
- CPA or CIA, or similar designation
- In-depth knowledge of SOX/Bill 198
- Able to travel to the USA
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26770.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.