About the Company
Our client is Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution service provider. They are looking for a Senior Financial Advisor, Capital Accounting and Reporting to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Growth opportunities, could be lateral
- Running in almost everything, so lots of exposure and lots to learn
- Excellent compensation package
- Manage and successfully execute the monthly close and reporting processes for Fixed Assets, including the timely and accurate issuance of appropriate management reports.
- Manage and successfully execute the quarterly close and confidential reporting process for Fixed Assets, including the development of a confidential reporting process including analysis.
- Perform specific functional accounting and reporting duties, such as manage specific account balances, fixed assets, OEB’s Uniform System of Accounts (USofA), Regulatory Surveys, support for complex transactions, preparation and/or approval of journal entries, and issuance of confidential internal management reports.
- Provide analysis and input to the monthly close process, managing, developing, and issuing fixed asset related reports, support to regulatory reporting process including ensuring that fixed asset categorizations confirm to USofA and cost allocation categories.
- Provide financial oversight to the fixed assets area of the balance sheet including working with Finance and other business areas on process improvements.
- Coordinate and manage the completion of Regulatory Surveys, ensuring that tools are effectively utilized to streamline the process.
- Manage the ongoing requirements of the external auditors, ensuring that all working papers and related support are provided on a timely basis.
- Maintain appropriate internal control policies and develop procedures as required.
- Ensure requirements are effectively communicated to business until and monitor compliance.
- Follow-up to ensure that guidance on the application of generally accepted accounting has been followed within the company.
- Support regulatory requirements, including witnessing and preparation of evidence, development of briefing material, responses to interrogatories, and transcript undertakings and general hearing support.
- CPA or similar recognized accounting designation
- Experience in fixed asset accounting & reporting is highly desirable
- Experience in a rate-regulated environment is highly desirable
$100,000 - $106,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 374125
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.