\About the Opportunity
- Leads monthly performance reporting and analysis, as well as quarterly reporting with key internal and external stakeholders. Develops key messages and communications to the executive team, management team and Board of Directors.
- Supports the development of annual business planning cycle to ensure both strategic and quantitative consistency with long term strategy; works with each department to summarize their 5-year business plan (and 1-year budget).
- Works cross-functionally to oversee and conduct due diligence on the consolidation of the budgets and business plans from key business functions. Ensure the business plans both strategically and quantitatively align with organizational and departmental objectives.
- Develops presentations for the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders and proactively develop relationships with our key stakeholders in the business, to ensure their needs are being met, and value is added in the right areas.
- Oversees the maintenance of reporting structures and cost breakdown in ERP system, including cost management of program and project area including opportunities for improvement of the ERP system.
- Supports the enterprise risk management (ERM) process within the organization that is integrated into the organization’s business planning processes and provides the organization with the necessary parameters to identify, assess, evaluate, and manage its risks.
- Develops operating metrics and reports to advance strategic planning, operational decision making, continuous improvement and learning.
- Provides direction to direct reports, establishes clear roles, responsibilities and annual performance objectives as well as providing regular coaching, training, and performance feedback.
- Supports the implementation of an ERM software system. Assist in the development and roll-out of relevant risk management tools and guidance to ensure the evolution of processes and procedures to become a high performing organization.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Experience in a Big 4 Audit or Management Consulting firm is an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in strategic planning, financial planning & analysis (FP&A) and business consulting at least three (3) of which are in a management role.
- Strong analytical skills with multivariable analysis (economy, politics, public sector, etc.).
- Strong financial skills (full understanding of profit & loss (P&L), balance sheet and project costing).
- Knowledge of strategy development frameworks, processes, and tools.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills are key requirements of the role to work effectively with decision-makers, with staff at all levels in business functions across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong team player, demonstrating a collaborative approach.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #393374.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.