About the Company
Our client is a Canadian leader in the financial services sector. They are looking for a Manager, Assurance and Advisory (Technology & Operations) who will be responsible for leading or supporting audit engagements from beginning to end, working collaboratively with our internal partners to help instill risk and control discipline in their core activities.
Why Work Here
- Very progressive and collaborative corporate culture.
- Exposure to complex and engaging work.
- Contribute to A&A’s annual planning activities and help develop the Annual Assurance and Advisory Plan, focusing on technology and data related areas
- Contribute to the setting of objectives/scope of assigned engagements in accordance with the Annual Plan and develop detailed audit schedules with management and our co-source service providers as required.
- Lead audit engagements on Technology and Data as a function and Technology and Data elements of business audits;
- Test/review IT general controls (network, operating systems, application, database(s) and user developed applications);
- Develop, execute and review of script-based testing (e.g., application controls, key reports, data conversion, etc.);
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action, draft related observations, and audit reports for issuance to respective stakeholder.
- Provide advisory services as planned, while maintaining credibility, and seek to meet/exceed management expectations while maintaining objectivity and independence.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior auditors ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables.
- Ensure engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Develop value added actions and recommendations as appropriate and agree recommendations with management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and open lines of communication with management and other key internal & external stakeholders (e.g., external auditors), by working collaboratively and constructively to ensure that they receive optimal value from work delivered.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Information Technology and related field or equivalent experience
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation and/or one or more of the following designations: Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and other relevant professional designations are a plus (CRISC, CISM, CGEIT)
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in Internal/External Audit, Technology / Data Analytics, Risk Management and/or Consulting, at complex financial institutions or investment/asset management companies.
$115,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383913
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.