About the Company
Our client is one of the leading financial institutions in Canada and is experiencing continuous growth. They are looking for a Manager, Accounting Policy & Advisory who will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and interpretation of the Bank’s accounting policies and the accounting advisory support for US Retail segment.
- Professional, but friendly
- Great work/life balance
- Great visibility in a big organization
About the Opportunity
- Provide timely, accurate, and practical technical accounting advisory services under IFRS to stakeholders.
- Research and benchmark new accounting and reporting disclosure requirements from accounting standard-setting authorities.
- Translate and communicate complex accounting topics to stakeholders, recognizing and anticipating potential opportunities and recommending changes as the business or regulatory environment changes.
- Assist in the preparation of the external consolidated shareholder reports (MD&A, Financial statements and notes, Supplemental Financial Information Package).
- Keep up to date with new accounting pronouncements under IFRS and US GAAP and present updates as necessary.
- Manage and develop good working relationships with key business partners and stakeholder groups, both internally (Canadian and U.S. Risk teams) and externally (advisors and auditors).
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and interpretation of Bank-wide accounting policies.
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years of relevant financial accounting experience
- Strong IFRS technical accounting background with a focus on financial instruments, and accounting issues relating to banking and capital market institutions
- US GAAP experience in the same areas is an asset.
$95,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 320825.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role