About the Company
Our client is a large well known education institution. They are looking for a Manager, Accounting Operations. This role will lead the Audit, General Accounting, Donor Relations & Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Accounting Systems & Internal Control.
Why Work Here
- Very good team and fun work environment
- Good work life balance
- Good benefits including RRSP/Pension
- Central location – Accessible via transit
About the Opportunity
- Oversee Accounting operations including partnering with Operations
- Oversee GL Monthly Close
- Preparation of Monthly Internal Financial Statements
- Month end account reconciliations
- Prepayments, Accruals, Fixed Assets, Bank, Inventory & Internal Charges
- Help with Audit function and oversee AP & AR functions
- Help with Process Improvement of Accounting functions -Create efficiencies in current accounting processes
- Monthly review of AR close process.
- Management of Student Billing & Collection
- Act as Finance Lead for Annual Re-Enrollment process
- Reporting Donor activity as required to Foundation / Chief Operating Officer
- Participate in Annual Financial Assistance Award Process
- Oversees and Manages Chart of Accounts including Project Codes.
- Ensure appropriate systems of internal controls in place with annual review of financial policies
- Manage the company's financial accounting systems
- CPA Designation
- 5 years progressive management experience
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Accounting an asset
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills
Up to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #347413.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.