About the Company
Our client is a world leader in the conception, development, production and distribution of state-of-the-art medical products. They are looking for a Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting who will be responsible for the external and internal financial and management reporting , including assistance with month end closing and preparation of the financial reporting packages.
Why Work Here
- Collaborative, team environment
- Fairly new team being built out now
- Close knit, collaborative and team environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop in the role, division and overall company
About the Opportunity
- Review the monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial and management reporting
- Manage the month end closing, including detail review all financial information received from the accounting team, review/approval of journal entries, and review reconciliations of all key Balance Sheet accounts
- Maintain a monthly checklist and gather all relevant schedules/documents from the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Review the group’s consolidations, including reviewing and recording all eliminating entries for the foreign subsidiaries
- Assist FP&A team with monitoring and interpreting actual results of financial data against budget, performing variance analysis and providing financial analysis in support of decision making
- Liaison with the internal and external tax specialists and provide all necessary financial information for tax compliance, reporting and planning purposes
- Assist with payroll accounting, sales commission accrual and review of sales tax filings
- Maintain mapping from GL accounts to the group Hyperion reporting
- Provide guidance and support to accounting team on technical matters
- Coach and develop 2-3 direct reports
- Provide change leadership and functional guidance to streamline processes, including proactively identify issues, and implement process improvements and best practices
- Evaluate and implement internal control systems and risk management processes
- Provide leadership and direct the team to deliver high-quality financial reports and analysis
- Meet the internal and external deadlines by demonstrating strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize
- Establish rapport and build cooperative working relationship with relevant internal and external stakeholders Lead and participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of strong technical accounting experience
- Any inventory related industry experience
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #302715.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.