About the Company
Our client is an investment management company. They are currently looking for a Manager, Accounting who will be responsible for managing the Junior Accountant and report to the Controller. This candidate will take ownership over the corporate accounting and reporting functions.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Company is going through rapid growth, organically and through acquisitions
- Opportunity to step up into a managerial position and support a dynamic team
- Tons of growth and career development opportunity available
- Preparation of monthly financial package for internal stakeholders, including financial statements, investment reports, and analysis of financial information.
- Responsible for reviewing and completing full cycle accounting duties, including bank reconciliations, posting journal entries, accruals, and intercompany transactions.
- Manage the corporate budget process. Including analyzes of actual vs budget for Company overhead and providing insights on variances for management decision making.
- Responsible for mentoring Junior Accountant and reviewing work such as HST filings, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, employee expense coding, and AP processing.
- Oversight of liquidity processes. Including weekly liquidity reports, managing monthly cash forecasts, working with Real Estate and Private Equity teams to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manage annual audit process, responding to auditor inquiries, preparing relevant working papers, and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment under ASPE.
- Prepare and review legal entity financial statements for compliance and tax reporting purposes.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, including automation and system implementation
- CPA designation, or close to completion
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive full-cycle accounting and reporting experience
- Experience within asset management or real estate is an asset
- Strong full cycle General Accounting Experience/knowledge
- Proficiency with Accounting Software QuickBooks and/or Yardi
- Knowledge of IFRS and/or ASPE is an asset
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 345875.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.