About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized accounting firm that is a rapidly growing CPA firm. They are looking for a Manager who will be assigned on Reviews, NTRs and other special engagements for the clients of the company.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to work collaboratively within a growing team
- Role has amazing flexibility (typical hours are 9AM-5PM with peak times being April and June)
- Any overtime hours may be banked as additional vacation time
About the Opportunity
- Preparation and review of financial statements and tax returns (personal, corporate, trust) in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Leading teams on a variety of compilation and tax engagements
- Ability to do tax research and write tax memoranda on various tax topics
- Deal with CRA on audits/reviews
- Effective communication with our clients, government agencies and with our partners and staff
- Prepare and review corporate/personal tax returns, corporate/personal HST returns, T4s and T5s.
- Resolve CRA inquiries by drafting letters, faxes and other modes of communication
- Ability to supervise and review junior staff working papers and files
- Keeping partners, managers and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 5-7 years’ experience in public accounting with a focus in financial statement reviews, NTRs and tax
- Technical experience and proficiency with common accounting software packages with an ability to trouble shoot and train clients on issues
$90,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #283853.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role