ARE YOU A DEVELOPER WHO LOVES TO BUILD THINGS? ARE YOU A THINKER AND A PROBLEM SOLVER? We are looking for an Intermediate-to-Senior Developer who can help our client both enhance and extend Linux-based products.
Linux Kernel Engineer (X Windows)
As an experienced software developer, you’ll play a leadership role in advancing our Linux-based technology. You will be involved in all aspects of the kernel development process, from design through development to maintenance. This role requires significant experience with managing Linux distros as well as a broad knowledge of Linux based graphics technology.
The successful candidate will function in a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity for career growth, creative problem solving, and a chance to deliver more industry firsts.
About the Opportunity
- Maintain and enhance a suite robust Linux distributions and drivers tailored for our custom-made Linux appliances
- Work with other team members to implement product requirements and deliver high quality software
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in order to provide an outstanding support for customers; determine root cause and implement permanent resolutions for more intricate issues
- Act as a technical resource to customer support, documentation and quality assurance as needed
- Package management, ability to modify and rebuild existing kernels and drivers, and create new ones
- Strong experience with Linux/UNIX system configuration and administration
- Experience in UNIX shell and/or Python scripting
- Configure custom Linux distributions and drivers to support a wide range of hardware
- Integrate existing and develop new drivers for special purpose hardware
- Debug and resolve Linux driver hardware support and stability issues
- Good knowledge of C, ability to identify and port fixes
- Strong experience with concurrent programming
- Good understanding of Linux/UNIX system and network security
- Support current and legacy product deployments
- Experience with distributed systems
- TCP network programming, sockets
- Client/server protocol design and implementation
- Experience with X Windows System
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Self-motivated with good time management skills; proactive and communicative
- Possess excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills; strong team player
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software development
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #17036.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.